Need a Stafford loan for the 2010-2011 school year? | 12.30.09

Posted in Stafford Loan By Student Loan Network Staff

Financial Aid Award LetterIf you are counting on a Stafford loan for the 2010-2011 school year listen up! In order to be eligible for a Stafford loan you must file a FAFSA on or after January 1, 2010. This is just two short days away! The information on the FAFSA helps financial aid officers determine student eligibility for all forms of federal aid including subsidized Stafford loan, unsibsidized Stafford loans, Perkins loans and Pell Grants. It is important to file your FAFSA as close to January 1st as possible since some financial aid is awarded on a first come first serve basis.

If you are a senior in high school or someone going to college for the first time you must complete the full FAFSA form. If you have filed a FAFSA before you only need to complete a FAFSA Renewal. Usually there is no need to complete the entire FAFSA again. The renewal form will reflect any changes in your financial situation since you first submitted the FAFSA. If nothing has changed you still need to submit it, but it should be a very easy process.

5 Most Recent Student Loans Blog Posts:

The Student Loan Help blog is sponsored in part by:

7 Responses to “Need a Stafford loan for the 2010-2011 school year?”

  1. sarafor forsenka says on October 20, 2010 at 11:20 am:

    I am Mr Sarafor Forsenka I am a private loan lender, I give out loans in a clear and understandable terms with a loan interest rate of 5.5%. Please I offer different types of loans both secured and unsecured loans. I also offer personal, bussiness loans, auto loans ETC interested individuals, firms and companies should please contact me via e-mail:


    Sarafor Forsenka.

    Reply To This Comment
  2. mrsricheal says on April 8, 2010 at 9:50 am:

    do you need a loan to pay off your bills apply now………

    Reply To This Comment
  3. miss e says on March 1, 2010 at 9:53 pm:

    What's next after filling out the FAFSA? How do you apply for loans for the 2010-2011 school year?

    Reply To This Comment
    • Evan Jacobs says on March 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm:

      After you file your FAFSA, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) within a month or two, and your school will forward you a financial aid award package listing all the loans, grants, scholarships etc. that you qualify for. If you have any remaining financial need, you can check out a private student loan or parent PLUS loan to cover the extra cost.

      Reply To This Comment
  4. william says on February 18, 2010 at 6:59 pm:

    I am still waiting for a reply hoping to win.

    Reply To This Comment
  5. ALROD says on February 15, 2010 at 11:00 am:

    I filed my FAFSA in January and got a response. To my shock and dismay it simply said I will be responsible for about $16,000 of my schooling!! There was no mention of Stafford, Perkins, or anything else. What do I do nest?

    Reply To This Comment
  6. Sandra says on February 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm:

    paying for text books also?

    Reply To This Comment

Leave a Reply

By clicking 'Submit Comment', you agree to the Edvisors Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.