Top 5 Reasons Online Classes Rock | 05.06.09

Posted in Online Degree By Student Loan Network Staff

At this point the cat isn’t only out of the bag, as it pertains to online degrees, it’s a full grown lioness on the prowl. Online degrees were once viewed as a gimmicky soiree into the world of higher education, but oh how things have changed.

I must admit, even I was cynical in the late 90′s when the Online degree rage was taking flight. It felt like a scam. Would my degree be worth anything? Would my resume be passed over time and time again because of how I earned my degree? Never did I believe it would be more revered by many hiring managers who believe online recipients are more versatile. These students are viewed as self motivated independent thinkers who are driven to succeed; all traits which transfer nicely in the workplace.

Yes, Online degrees hold value in the marketplace, but it’s the value outside the virtual classroom that attracts many students to an Online degree. Lets take a look at the Top 5 reasons Online classes have become so popular.

1. Comfort: Having the luxury of taking notes with one hand while shoveling in Doritos with the other is pretty sweet indeed. A comfortable environment produces better results.

2. Convenience: No need to worry if your tank is on “E” or traffic is backed up on the interstate to get to school. When you’re at home, you are at school.

3. Flexibility: Lesson plans are available for you to review anytime throughout the week and tests are usually available over a three day period to fit with your busy schedule.

4. Availability: While campuses are restricted to the number of classes they can offer students based on staffing and capital resources, Online degree programs have no such restrictions. The number of classes you can take is practically endless.

5. Time: Most Online classes do not have specific start-up dates and times. You can jump in whenever you like. In addition, if you have the desire, you may complete your class early in most cases. Many eight week classes are completed in 4-6 weeks by ambitious students.

Request information about Online classes or programs here.

Scholarshippoints.com members can enter the code ONLINEROCK for 15 juicy points to apply toward monthly scholarships ranging from $500 to $10,000!!!

Have you taken an online class or degree program? If so we want to hear about your experience. Would you do it again? Leave a comment below.

Five most recent student loan help blog posts:

206 Responses to “Top 5 Reasons Online Classes Rock”

1. ReNika says on July 23, 2009 at 9:58 pm:

I have never taken online classes but a lot of my friends have and they have said that they have their pros and cons much like in class courses do

2. Nicole says on July 20, 2009 at 11:46 am:

I am working on my masters degree online and would not want to do it any other way. It is very flexible for those who have to work full time. However, it is a lot more work.

3. hanna says on July 20, 2009 at 11:03 am:

sounds pretty convenient, i might look into taking an online class…

4. asdf says on July 19, 2009 at 7:37 pm:

i still think that it takes too much discipline to take online classes and gain much from them.

5. keenen says on July 17, 2009 at 2:11 pm:

my freind has been trying to tell me the samething.

6. Dakotah says on July 17, 2009 at 12:44 am:

I have had online courses in the past and I thought they were great! Good article.

7. Anna says on July 15, 2009 at 4:26 pm:

Online classes are great. It allows you to work around a job schedule and to take a more flexible school schedule.

8. Nadeya says on July 14, 2009 at 11:40 pm:

I would feel as if my education was going anywhere if I took an online course as much as they say there are positives about it. I would rather stick to the traditional going to class.

9. KRIS says on July 13, 2009 at 5:14 pm:

I TOTALY AGREE. I’VE NEVER TAKEN AN ONLINE CLASS BUT I’M FEELING AWFULLY TEMPTED.

10. Kristen says on July 11, 2009 at 9:26 pm:

Self discipline is a must…However it is very flexible

11. Suzanne says on July 9, 2009 at 2:30 pm:

It saves on gas money and is available anytime day or night!

12. Tammy says on July 8, 2009 at 2:52 pm:

I love using online classes. This how I achieved my AA degree.

13. Tavon Jackson says on July 8, 2009 at 7:36 am:

Online classes are good because it gives you a great experince on how it feels to take classes out the classroom. You can get a feel of what it is like to take classes in a relaxed environment without else around.

14. Mary says on July 5, 2009 at 5:29 pm:

I have taken several online classes and enjoyed them. They are a little harder because you are learning it and reading everything online.

15. Danielle says on June 30, 2009 at 2:02 am:

i have taken an online class and i would do it again. i could do the assignments whenever i had a free moment. Plus when i took the tests online for my class, it showed my grade immediately. It was really convienent.

16. Mara says on June 29, 2009 at 11:30 pm:

Online classes are convenient, especially if you are taking a class that is pretty easy, you just have to be very disciplined.

17. Mohamed says on June 29, 2009 at 11:51 am:

Taking online classes has its pros and cons. One good thing about online classes is that they are convenient and you can work while your at home. One bad thing about online classes are that they are quite expensive.

18. Jessica says on June 25, 2009 at 12:06 pm:

Online classes have benefits but I prefer going to actual classes.

19. Dana says on June 24, 2009 at 9:05 pm:

I don’t really share everyone’s enthusiasm on online classes…they can be beneficial for some, but not for others. I suppose I consider myself a traditional learner. I’ve taken a few online courses, but they’re actually much harder for me than normal campus coursework and require a lot more time and effort. In fact…I should be off doing my homework right now!

20. Christine Son says on June 22, 2009 at 11:15 pm:

it seems that online classes do rock and have good things about it, but some are expensive and actually taking school classes are fun.

21. katie says on June 22, 2009 at 10:19 pm:

i love my online class
    easy to do from home!

22. Laura says on June 21, 2009 at 10:06 am:

You need to be self disciplined to do this. Do not attempt if you can’t talk yourself back up…there is no one to do that for you if you are failing. Otherwise it is the bomb.

23. William says on June 20, 2009 at 5:07 pm:

You have to be very disciplined.

24. Alejandro Torres says on June 17, 2009 at 4:18 am:

Online classes have taught me the ability of self control. I’ve been quite responsible with time management thanks to online classes. People tend to think online classes are simplistic because it involves the student and a computer, however, online classes have proven to be much more difficult because it’s testing your responsiblities, the ability to actually understand the content without an actual instructor in front of you and the ability to actually read the material without the access of a fellow student. Online classes are breaking the glass ceiling of mediocrisy and showing many who have and/or have not taken it that it is not to be taken quite lightly.

25. emily says on June 16, 2009 at 9:51 am:

I just enrolled for Drexel University online graduate program. I think the flexibility will be the most helpful because I am working in Connecticut and Drexel is in Pennsylvania. It looks like a great program!