Top 5 Reasons Online Classes Rock | 05.06.09
At this point the cat isn’t only out of the bag, as it pertains to online degrees, it’s a full grown lioness on the prowl. Online degrees were once viewed as a gimmicky soiree into the world of higher education, but oh how things have changed.
I must admit, even I was cynical in the late 90′s when the Online degree rage was taking flight. It felt like a scam. Would my degree be worth anything? Would my resume be passed over time and time again because of how I earned my degree? Never did I believe it would be more revered by many hiring managers who believe online recipients are more versatile. These students are viewed as self motivated independent thinkers who are driven to succeed; all traits which transfer nicely in the workplace.
Yes, Online degrees hold value in the marketplace, but it’s the value outside the virtual classroom that attracts many students to an Online degree. Lets take a look at the Top 5 reasons Online classes have become so popular.
1. Comfort: Having the luxury of taking notes with one hand while shoveling in Doritos with the other is pretty sweet indeed. A comfortable environment produces better results.
2. Convenience: No need to worry if your tank is on “E” or traffic is backed up on the interstate to get to school. When you’re at home, you are at school.
3. Flexibility: Lesson plans are available for you to review anytime throughout the week and tests are usually available over a three day period to fit with your busy schedule.
4. Availability: While campuses are restricted to the number of classes they can offer students based on staffing and capital resources, Online degree programs have no such restrictions. The number of classes you can take is practically endless.
5. Time: Most Online classes do not have specific start-up dates and times. You can jump in whenever you like. In addition, if you have the desire, you may complete your class early in most cases. Many eight week classes are completed in 4-6 weeks by ambitious students.
Scholarshippoints.com members can enter the code ONLINEROCK for 15 juicy points to apply toward monthly scholarships ranging from $500 to $10,000!!!
Have you taken an online class or degree program? If so we want to hear about your experience. Would you do it again? Leave a comment below.
Five most recent student loan help blog posts:
5 Most Recent Student Loans Blog Posts:
The Student Loan Help blog is sponsored in part by: