Save money with your student I.D. | 05.23.12
Just admit it, you’re jealous of children and senior citizens who get discounts on train rides and movie tickets, aren’t you? Well, you don’t have to be. Wherever you go to school and in any city across the United States, plenty of establishments will offer discounts if you show a school identification card.
College tuition and living expenses take enough of a toll on you and your family’s pocketbook, so it’s only fair students get a discount on daily activities and nightlife entertainment.
For discounts, here’s a list of places and things you should definitely use your student I.D. card for:
- Airports, train and bus stations
- Theaters and museums
- Events, such as concerts, art shows and carnivals
- Sports stadiums (for games or shows)
Always ask if a company or store offers student discounts. You may be surprised how much you can save with that little plastic card.
Some of the major companies that offer student discounts include:
- Amazon – Joining the Amazon Student program gives you free two-day shipping for six months with Amazon Prime shipping benefits. Students need a school email address to register.
- Ann Taylor LOFT – 15% off
- Ann Taylor – 20% off
- Banana Republic – 15% off
- Eddie Bauer – 15% off in-store items
- AMC Theaters
- Apple – 8% off
- Qdoba – $5 burrito meals for students
- Waffle House, Burger King and McDonald’s – 10% off
A few bucks here, a few bucks there – it all adds up in the end. Start saving hundreds a year simply by using your student identification card.
5 Most Recent Student Loans Blog Posts:
The Student Loan Help blog is sponsored in part by: