Federal Work-Study | 10.23.08
Did you know under the federal work-study program you can work part-time to earn money for your education? So what are the primary benefits of the program? See below.
- Provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school
- Helps pay your educational expenses
- Is available to undergraduate and graduate students
- Is available to full-time or part-time students
- Is administered by schools participating in the FWS Program
- Encourages community service work and work related to your course of study, whenever possible
So how do I know if I qualify?
Your school will inform you. It’s is all linked to your FAFSA and will be on your Awards letter. That said it’s important to get your FAFSA completed ASAP. The federal government provides only a certain amount of work-study funds to each qualified school and when those funds have been exhausted no additional work-study awards may be issued for the year.
5 Most Recent Student Loans Blog Posts:
The Student Loan Help blog is sponsored in part by: