Charter One TruFit Student Loan®
Charter One has a solution to manage college costs - the TruFit Student Loan. This private college loan program picks up where grants, scholarships, and federal loans leave off, giving students a smart and affordable way to cover remaining expenses. Apply today!
- No Origination Fees or Application Fees
- Choose your rate type Competitive FIXED and VARIABLE interest rates
- Save with a 0.50% interest rate reduction with auto-payments from your eligible Charter One account
- Flexible Repayment Options Immediate, Interest Only and Deferred
- No payments during school and zero payments until 6 months after graduation with deferred option
- Apply for cosigner release after you make 36 consecutive, on time payments
- Easy, online application process
- Instant online credit decision
- 24/7 online account management
- Extended call center hours 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Charter One offers free Student Checking with online banking capability. Visit www.charterone.com/studentbanking for more information. Please note that students do not need to have their student loans at Charter One in order to take advantage of their banking products.
- Find helpful financial aid tools, such as our scholarship search tool and financial literacy information at www.charterone.com/student-loans/resources
- Charter One is RBS Citizens, N.A.
Apply With a Cosigner
While not required, we strongly encourage undergraduate students to apply with a creditworthy cosigner if they may have difficulty qualifying for a loan due to limited income and credit history. This may increase an applicant's chances of approval and of possibly obtaining a better interest rate.
Please note: due to federal regulations, Charter One is required to provide every potential borrower with disclosure information before they apply for a private loan. To view the required application solicitation disclosure information please click here.